Well, like @FactzOfLife would say "earphones are glued to my ear." This quote describes my contribution to Team L.E.G.O. and just how passionate I am about music. I know there are some out there who are big into music and everytime they hear something dope come on they're like "ohh, what's the name of this song??" Well throughout the blogs we play a little background music and here's what played in the first post...
"If We Can't Be Lovers" by Prince Phillip Mitchell. Most might recognize it as the sample to "Everything I Am" by kanYe West. This song is from Prince Mitchell's [unreleased] album "Just the Beginning." HERE's the song for those that like to listen to the old jams.
The 2nd song I played was "Intimate Friends" by Eddie Kendricks (former lead singer of The Temptations). Eddie was one of the originators of singing falsetto and originators always recognize original. You may recognize this as the sample for Alicia Keys' "Unbreakable" (also produced by Mr.West). HERE's a gem from his album "The Ultimate Collection"
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
The Sample Speaks Louder Than Words
Posted by KJ at 1:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment